Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you copy a table and retain formatting in Confluence?

Uday Bola March 3, 2020

I'm t trying to copy a table in confluence and it removes all formatting when I paste it. I've tried the suggestion mentioned elsewhere of copying from slightly before and after the table and that doesn't work.

The browser I'm using is Safari

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 4, 2020

Hi @Uday Bola,

Thank you for contacting us, and welcome to Atlassian Community! It's nice to meet you.

Can you tell me, are you copying the table from a page using the legacy editor, or the new editor? You'll know if it's the new editor because the Publish button will be in the top right-hand corner. 

Please also let me know if the destination page is on the new or legacy editor.

Lastly, could you show me an example of the table you are trying to copy and how it looks when you paste it on the page?

Thank you!

Shannon

Steven Sullivan October 17, 2022

I would like to pull a page from confluence while maintaining formatting of the entire page and paste within a word document, IS this possible?

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 21, 2022

Hi @Steven Sullivan 

Probably not, as the formatting options in Confluence don't align to Microsoft Word. What happens when you try?

You could try exporting it to Word:

1. Go to your Confluence page
  2. Select the More Actions button (3-dots in top-right, next to Share button)
  3. Select Export > Export to Word

Let us know how you get on!

Ste

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events