It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How do I add a date picker

I am trying to add an option in a table for someone to choose a date from viewing a calendar.  How do I do that please?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová Community Leader Oct 21, 2019

Hi Elizabeth,

the easiest way is just write down two slashes // (in the edit mode) - the datepicker then appears.

Eventually you can use the top menu: Insert more content (plus sign) -> Date.

Thank you Hana.  I do understand how to get a static date. Let me try to describe it a different way.  I am creating a table to use as a fillable form.  Column 1 lists the questions. In column 2, I want to insert pre-formatted fields so someone can answer the questions from column 1.  For example, I want the user to reply with a short text field.  Or, I want the user to pick a date by pulling down a calendar to choose a date.  Or, I want to have the user choose an option from a pull-down menu.  How do I "format" column 2 rows so that I can get a specific response from the user?  

Also I read your response as two slashes //, is a "code" that will get a date picker. Do you have a guide that shows all the "codes" in the edit mode?

Hopefully this makes sense.  

Thank you again!

Hana Kučerová Community Leader Oct 22, 2019

Hi Elizabeth,

thank you for the clarification.

It sounds to me, that you need to create custom forms for your users. I would recommend you to use some add-on like:

Multivote macro in Confluence is very simple and has only limited functionality.

Nice page about shortcuts etc. is this one: https://confluence.atlassian.com/confcloud/keyboard-shortcuts-markdown-and-autocomplete-724764956.html

Like Elizabeth Redding likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in New to Confluence

Fast-track your Confluence onboarding with the Confluence product guides!

Hey there! New in town? Check out the new Confluence product guides! They are chock-full of helpful tips, tricks, and best practices to get you and your team started.  Here’s a quick overview...

731 views 3 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you