• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage
Highlighted

Totally Confusing - AutoLInks (Requirements to Jira)

We are new to Confluence and Jira and I was hopeful that when I push requirements to Jira, that the Jira #'s would show up automatically in Confluence.  

I can't figure out to make this happen and don't have time to copy and paste between the two...

Can someone guide me?

2 comments

Check out this YouTube video from Atlassian - Creating Jira issues in Confluence 

Did this answer your questions?

If not, please confirm if you are using Jira Server/Data Center or Jira Cloud as the screenshots may look different.

Like Jen, I'm new to (this version of) Confluence/Jira Cloud, and I'm missing something basic I think.

I have a simple requirement which is to automatically maintain traceability between a requirement held in Conf to the stories held in Jira. 

In Confluence, my BA colleague can create a product requirement. Good.

In Jira, I can create an issue and add a link back to the product requirement. Good.

However, my BA colleague does not see them, as they don't show at the top and contrary to the posted video, neither do issues created on the Confluence page.

My colleagues should not need to do anything AT ALL to see the related issues. I should not be expected to know where they want them adding on their requirements page and then have to manually add them.

Ideally, there should a a 'related issues' widget that can be configured to show whatever columns the BA wants to see. Bonus points for this being included on the template for the page.

I did find a way to "push" requirements into Jira and then manually add the link from Jira back into Confluence.  Way to time consuming and inflexible....

Agree there should be a widget the SW should be smart enough to link things automatically once they have been pushed.

Jen

Dominic Lagger Community Leader Mar 31, 2020

Hey @Jen Johnson 

Perhaps, I'm not not getting it right. Do I understand you correctly, that you want to connect a JIRA Issue with a confluence page? 

Like so

Confluence

jira link confluence.png

JIRA

jira link jira.png

The connection between jira and confluence should be generated automatically. If not, perhaps the application link isn't set correctly.

Can you confirm, that you mean this connection?

Can you tell me, whether you use the atllassian products from server or cloud? 

Thanks for sharing more information.

Regards, Dominic

Comment

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in New to Confluence

Fast-track your Confluence onboarding with the Confluence product guides!

Hey there! New in town? Check out the new Confluence product guides! They are chock-full of helpful tips, tricks, and best practices to get you and your team started.  Here’s a quick overview...

1,115 views 3 9
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you