Why I can't access all system fields

Sukanta Datta December 4, 2012

I tried to access system fields like Status and I get Status Description.

System Field Priority gives Priority Description

System Field Comments does not print anything

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Xpand IT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2012

Hu Sukanta!

Version 2.3.0 is available. It provides the mappings for Status and Priority, along with some other features:

• Added mappings for issue comments.
  • Added mappings for linked issues.
  • It is possible to iterate document sections with information from a dynamic number of subtasks, comments and linked issues.
  • Added mappings for the first and last subtask of an issue.
  • Added support for RFT format (input and output).
  • Bulk export can use templates that define static sections, such as cover pages.
  • Added mappings for issue status.
  • Bug fixes and performance improvements.

You can also put comments on the result document, install the latest version and check the Sample.docx template, as it provides an example on putting comments on the result.

If you have any questions, just let us know.

Thank you

0 votes
Sukanta Datta December 10, 2012

I was told by Pedro Goncalves (from Xporter for JIRA) that he agrees with my findings and it willl be fixed this week. I am waiting for the new version.

0 votes
Xpand IT
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2012

Hi,

We will be changing the behaviour of the plugin for the next release.

${Status} will map the Status Name

${StatusDescription} will map the Status Description

${Priority} will map Priority Name

${PriorityDescription} will map Priority Description.

This will be available in the next release planned for the next week.

Also, mapping custom fields with several words should not be a problem. Please use our service desk for getting support on this, we will be glad to help: http://jiraxporter.zendesk.com

Finally, exporting comments is also on track for the next release.

Thank you

Sukanta Datta December 17, 2012

Version 2.3.0 fixed the problem

0 votes
Sukanta Datta December 4, 2012

I could get all my Custom fields printed and it was very easy. Most of my fields are Custom Fields

0 votes
Beverly Flegel December 4, 2012

I saw the previous question where they mentioned that comments were not supported yet, but that it was coming. When it does, please also support comment author and timestamp please. Also, you should match the order used within JIRA's config "jira.issue.actions.order".

Also, I completely agree with Sukanta, I would like to use the Priorty and Status rather than the descriptions for each. I am pulling about 200 issues and as a work-around, I just did a find and replace for those fields.

I have also had trouble with my custom fields - in my case "Status Notes", but that's never found, but my custom fields that are just one word - like "Solution" are found.

Otherwise, I am finding this to be a very useful plug-in, thank you! Please continue to improve it!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events