When I try to add a Box Widget I get a "This User does not have Sharing Enabled" message

Shannon Schnurr February 27, 2013

We have purchased the Box for Confluence v 1.3.0 plugin. I am an admin in Box.net and an admin in Confluence. But when I go to insert a Box Widget on my confluence page I get a message saying I don't have Sharing enabled. I cannot figure out how to enable sharing or which sharing needs to be enabled to get this to work.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ellen Feaheny [AppFusions]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

Hi Shannon -

Anyways, sorry for the lost communications - things are quite busy and doing our best.

Can you please try the new release that was released yesterday?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.appfusions.confluence.plugins.box.box-in-confluence

Let me know - if you are still having challenges, we can do a screenshare, no problem. Please let me know at info@appfusions.com ..

We have not had other customers reporting this issue - so maybe it is something local in your environment - we'll get to the bottom of it with you.

Best,

Ellen

NOTE: Answers is really not our support channel - we do not have a system to constantly track Answers at current, even though we try.

Shannon Schnurr March 6, 2013

We upgraded the plugin however it is still not working. Please let me knwo what the next steps are at this point.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2013

Hi Shannon -

We released an update for Confluence 5.0 yesterday = please try that and let us know if that helps any.

If not, we can get a screenshare together to try to nail this quickly early next week.

Might be faster than back and forth here..

Best,

Ellen

Shannon Schnurr March 3, 2013

It is still not working. Pleae let me know when a good time is to do a screenshare. I believe you have my skype ID from our email exchange.

Shannon Schnurr March 5, 2013

Hi Ellen, haven't heard back. Can we schedule a screenshare?

0 votes
Patrick Li
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 28, 2013

Hi Shannon,

Can you please attach a screenshot of the error you are seeing? If you are uisng the box widget macro, it sounds like a sharing setting on Box's side. Does any other macros work fine?

Regards

Patrick

Shannon Schnurr February 28, 2013

Hi Patrick,

Screengrab attached. I am able to successfully insert on the Confluence page a "Box File" and a "Box Folder".

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 27, 2013

Hi Shannon -

Just tried to call you - left a message.

You said you are on Confluence 5.0 - the plugin has not been updated for 5.0 yet - so maybe this is related. Confluence 5.0 only came out 2 days ago.

We are however working on that update and it should be avail shortly.

Separately, do you have the folder "shared" on Box side? If so, the user authenticated in Confluence can access the files.

Will let you know when the Confluence 5 update of the plugin has been released - it is very near.

Best,

Ellen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events