When I try to add a Box Widget I get a "This User does not have Sharing Enabled" message

We have purchased the Box for Confluence v 1.3.0 plugin. I am an admin in Box.net and an admin in Confluence. But when I go to insert a Box Widget on my confluence page I get a message saying I don't have Sharing enabled. I cannot figure out how to enable sharing or which sharing needs to be enabled to get this to work.

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Shannon -

Anyways, sorry for the lost communications - things are quite busy and doing our best.

Can you please try the new release that was released yesterday?

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.appfusions.confluence.plugins.box.box-in-confluence

Let me know - if you are still having challenges, we can do a screenshare, no problem. Please let me know at info@appfusions.com ..

We have not had other customers reporting this issue - so maybe it is something local in your environment - we'll get to the bottom of it with you.

Best,

Ellen

NOTE: Answers is really not our support channel - we do not have a system to constantly track Answers at current, even though we try.

We upgraded the plugin however it is still not working. Please let me knwo what the next steps are at this point.

Hi Shannon -

Just tried to call you - left a message.

You said you are on Confluence 5.0 - the plugin has not been updated for 5.0 yet - so maybe this is related. Confluence 5.0 only came out 2 days ago.

We are however working on that update and it should be avail shortly.

Separately, do you have the folder "shared" on Box side? If so, the user authenticated in Confluence can access the files.

Will let you know when the Confluence 5 update of the plugin has been released - it is very near.

Best,

Ellen

Hi Shannon,

Can you please attach a screenshot of the error you are seeing? If you are uisng the box widget macro, it sounds like a sharing setting on Box's side. Does any other macros work fine?

Regards

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

Screengrab attached. I am able to successfully insert on the Confluence page a "Box File" and a "Box Folder".

Hi Shannon -

We released an update for Confluence 5.0 yesterday = please try that and let us know if that helps any.

If not, we can get a screenshare together to try to nail this quickly early next week.

Might be faster than back and forth here..

Best,

Ellen

It is still not working. Pleae let me know when a good time is to do a screenshare. I believe you have my skype ID from our email exchange.

Hi Ellen, haven't heard back. Can we schedule a screenshare?

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 25, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud Integration with Microsoft Teams

One of the newest products in the Microsoft family - Microsoft Teams,  is a chat-based hub for teamwork that integrates all the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and ...

734 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you