What is PocketQuery authentication method to SharePoint REST API endpoints ?

David Richardson September 19, 2017

I'm trying to set up a PocketQuery datasource for a SharePoint REST API endpoint within the same domain as the Confluence instance, but get a 401 Unauthorized response when I test the connection.  I've tried the REST Basic and REST Custom connect methods, with numerous Request Parameters and Headers, to no avail.

If someone has successfully completed this type of datasource connection, can insight be shared ?

1 answer

0 votes
Sven Schatter _Lively Apps_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 11, 2017

Hey David,

sorry that you didn't receive an answer yet. We have basically moved our support to our service desk for PocketQuery.

If you are still having problems connecting with your REST API, please don't hesitate to raise a ticket.

Thank you for using PocketQuery!

Best regards,
Sven (Scandio)

Marcus Netz May 19, 2019

I am having the same issue right now.
We are evaluating PocketQuery at the moment but cannot get past authentication with REST Endpoints.

Our Services require callback urls for OAuth, but in your documentation  there is no hint which one it is. I didn't find it in the PocketQuery Administration either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 19, 2019

Hi @Marcus Netz

Thanks for reaching out! The problem with the Sharepoint REST API is that it needs a dedicated programmatic way of talking to the endpoints. Since we are in the Java world (REST calls in PQ are sent from the Confluence/Jira server), there'd need to be an implementation as described here:
https://sharepoint.stackexchange.com/questions/239128/connect-to-sharepoint-online-rest-api-using-java 

As of now, this cannot be achieved with the generic communication means that are currently implemented in PQ. The challenge for us is to make our generic auth implementation work with as many endpoints as possible. But since Sharepoint requires a specific protocol, this is very hard.

That said, I totally see Sharepoint as an important use case for PQ and you are not the first one with this requirement. We will totally talk about how we can achieve this in the future, but this will certainly take a while.

Sorry that I can't help you more right now.

Best, Felix

Update: I guess I made a mistake in my reply in that the linked post was related to Sharepoint Online. I assume you are talking about Sharepoint Server. That would make it easier, but it still requires an extension to our REST implementation. So everything I wrote remains true, except that we might be faster to deliver a solution, actually.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events