[Tempo] - Disable period autoclosing

Deleted user June 1, 2017

Hi there,

How can I disable the period autoclosing at the end of the month in Tempo?

I'm not using the Tempo Scheduler, it's disabled, and I don't want to use it with the grace period.

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Bastien

2 answers

1 vote
ArjunsinghH February 14, 2018

Yes, Kate, it seemed to be Bug

The bug with the period closing automatically in the Period Management has been fixed on  Timesheet 8.4.1

We to had the same issue, So upgrade fixed it.

And yes also have a look at Release notes and Proactive actions before the upgrade.

Kate Pyanykh February 15, 2018

Thanks for your respond!

1 vote
RJA August 1, 2017

We had the same issue. I wonder if this is a bug. Assuming that is the case, we I did was "Enable Tempo Scheduler", then clicked "Edit" next to "Operations", and unchecked the "Make Scheduler Close" option. Then I disabled the Tempo Scheduler again for good measure. Until the end of the month I won't know if this will fix it yet.

suleiman October 2, 2017

Hi, we are also having the same issue, has this been confirmed as a bug or something else?

how can we fix it?

Thanks.

RJA October 2, 2017

Sure seems like a bug. The steps I went through above did NOT fix it.

Travis Hill December 1, 2017

I don't think it's a bug, but a missing feature. The Tempo team has indicated that the Scheduler and the Period Manager are not connected in this way.

So it looks like they're just missing a feature to allow you to disable the auto-closing of periods on the Period Manager.

RJA December 1, 2017

That is incorrect, Travis. The comment you linked to and the relevant documentation is explicit that the Period Manager is managed manually. There is nothing in the Period Manager documentation that says it auto-closes periods. Indeed they are not connected, and only the Scheduler is responsible for auto-closing the ability for users to register hours in the timesheets, so it is the Scheduler that has the problem.

That or the documentation or UI is confusing. It wouldn't make sense to disable auto-closing of periods in the Period Manager because there's nothing indicating it does so to begin with.

[Removed duplicate post]

[Removed duplicate post]

[Removed duplicate post]

I may have a reply that posts 3 times....my reply keeps disappearing...

EDIT: It stayed now that I split it into two replies. More bugs @[deleted]

When my periods auto-close, I fix it by going to the Period Manager screen, where it indicates that the period is closed, and I change it to Open.

Based on the previous question/answer that I linked to, it seems that there are two different ways to close a period. Using the Period Manager, or using the Scheduler. And these close the period in different ways. If either is closed, the user will not be able to log time.

For me, the scheduler has always been disabled. It sounds like your assumption is that even when disabled, the scheduler still auto-closes periods (which would be a bug). I think this is incorrect.

Here are the scenarios I'd want to test out:

1. Scheduler disabled
  2. Scheduler enabled, auto-close turned off
  3. Scheduler enabled, auto-close turned on

We've all seen what happens in scenario 1 above...the period gets closed, the timesheet is grayed out for that period, and the Period Manager screen shows the period as closed.

The question that I previously linked to demonstrates scenario 3. The OP had the scheduler enabled with auto-close turned on...the period gets closed, they didn't indicate what the timesheet looked like for that period, but the Period Manager screen shows that the period is still open.

My current setup will test scenario 2, but we won't see the result for a month. My expectation is that the result will be the same as scenario 1.

Given that scenario 1 shows the period as Closed in Period Manager and scenario 3 shows the period as Open in Period Manager (but users still can't enter time), it seems more likely to me that there is an undocumented feature that auto-closes periods in Period Manager, and no option to disable it.

Kate Pyanykh February 14, 2018

Hello!

We have exactly the same problem with autoclosure of month. Is it a bug?

Did you find a method to fix this issue?

ArjunsinghH February 14, 2018

Yes, Kate, it seemed to be Bug

The bug with the period closing automatically in the Period Management has been fixed on  Timesheet 8.4.1

We to had the same issue, So upgrade fixed it.

And yes also have a look at Release notes and Proactive actions before the upgrade.

Like Deleted user likes this
Vasil'ev Nickolay April 8, 2018

Have the same bug on 8.7.0. Scheduler is off. May be there is another reason for auto-closing period? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events