Talk-Plugin: where can i find the history of resolved discussions?

Torsten Weck January 23, 2014

currently evaluating it, so maybe i just missed it, but where is the history of resolved discussions hiding?

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Vadim Rutkevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2014

Hello, Torsten.

Unfortunately, as of now you can only track the resolved discussions via email notifications sent to your mail box. We have this feature in our roadmap and plan to implement it in the future releases of add-on.

Could you please explain the way you want to view the history of resolved talks? We are collecting use cases from users, so your info will help us to unserstand customers' needs better.

Best Regards,

Vadim Rutkevich

Torsten Weck January 28, 2014

Oh, what a pity, but thanks for the info.

In our case, we're looking for a better way to discuss specific points in product requirement/concept pages.
As of now, we're using some special 'content marker characters' and the comment system. We are looking for a way to separate the discussion from the actual content, which the Talk-PlugIn seems to achieve pretty well, but we'd absolutely need to have an easy accessible 'discussion history', including who(&when) marked it as resolved.
The ability to re-open and already resolved discussion would be a major plus.

Vadim Rutkevich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2014

Torsten,

starting from Talk Add-On 1.7.7, you can view the history of talks when vewing page revisions, so all talks are 'saved'. You can even 'recover' the talk if you revert to the page revision where this talk was open. But all the talk threads created with older add-on versions before 1.7.7 may work incorrectly in such case.

Hope that this clarifies the capabilites of the add-on. Anyway, this way of viewing history of talks will be modified in the nearest future.

Best Regards,

Vadim Rutkevich

Anne Aloysious April 7, 2014

How do I track all the talk discussions in one space? How can I list all the open unresolved talk discussions?

Maxim Kuzmich _Stiltsoft_ April 7, 2014

Anne,

you can use internal Confluence search to find all pages where active Talk discussions exist. You should search for:

macroName:talk

Also we are planning to implement more comprehensive search for 'talks' in future versions of the plugin. Now you can upvote some similar feature requests:

Anne Aloysious April 7, 2014

Thanks, that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events