Sorted by space creation, not alphabetical

MISM November 19, 2012

I am using the Sub Space plugin, but my spaces are being ordered by their creation date, I want them alphabetical

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2012

Hi,

this is allready possible as there is a parameter availavble in the subspaces macro called 'sort' with the option 'title'. This should do the trick for you I guess.

Hope that helps? Cheers, David

MISM November 25, 2012

Thanks David, but pleaes excuse my ignorance... how do I change that Macro? When I go to Plugins I'm not seeing any options to configure the plugin.

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2012

when you insert the macro to any confluence page, you can set different options. One of them is 'sort'. This allows you to sort the list different each time you use the macro.

MISM November 25, 2012

I'm still not seeing it... a little background, the confluence instance I'm managing was actually configured by someone else before they left my company, and they installed the Subspace manager plugin. The sub-space manager is currently being used as a toolbar at the top of every page. This is how we're using it: http://i.imgur.com/H3sdk.jpg

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 26, 2012

You need to edit that page and the click on that macro. You should see something like it is shown in the screenshot below:

MISM November 27, 2012

Thanks David, I've found that... but the way the bar is being used it appears to be built into the Confluence Wiki, it's not configured on a page by page basis... It's visible above the pages across the top of the screen, and what I'm having difficulty now is how to edit that... I'm not even sure how it was configured to be there in the first place.

edit: I've just found some details from the previous admin. He modified the Main and General layout to include the following statement:

$helper.renderConfluenceMacro("{subspaces:addlink=true|currentSpace=$spaceKey}")

He then also updated the Theme options to include the following in the Header:

{subspaces:addlink=true|currentSpace=$spaceKey}

How should I modify this so the bar sorts by title?

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 27, 2012

Oh, I see! the documentation allows this as 'the common way' ;)

You would have to include a new parameter 'sort' as follows:

{subspaces:addlink=true|currentSpace=$spaceKey|sort=title}

Try to play around withthis option, it should be what you are looking for :)

MISM November 28, 2012

Genius!... Simply added sort=title to the Main Layout code and the subspace toolbar now sorts alphabetically.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events