Search request cannot be Null - Column Order log error

m
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2012

I am seeing a lot of entries in our Jira logs like:

SEVERE: Internal server error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Search request cannot be null. at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.layout.column.DefaultColumnLayoutManager.getColumnLayoutItems(DefaultColumnLayoutManager.java:79)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.layout.column.DefaultColumnLayoutManager.getColumnLayout(DefaultColumnLayoutManager.java:67)

Is this a known issue? Or can you provide any possible cause/resolution?

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Wilfried Mayer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 6, 2012

Thanks for reporting this Matthew
and thank you for solving it Christian!

Some dashboard with column-order is shared but the filter used in the gadget is not shared.

The user will get a nice error message (like the error message in the filter results gadget), but will also get a "Internal Server Error" message underneath. This is the message you see in your log files.

I fixed this behaviour with the new Column Order Gadget Plugin Version 5.1.3 for Jira 5.1.
(It catches the Internal Server Error).

This version will be released on Marketplace within the next days.

Sivaz October 20, 2013

Hi, I think this still exists in 5.1.5, except that when I use the Issue navigator to search for issues say "project = <projectkey>" this will list all issues in the project. And when I go to views -> charts I can see the column order gadget but it will display "Internal server error" on the screen. There is the cog button and I can edit the gadget but still it will just show the error. I believe this is because there is no request ID.

0 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2012

Maybe you have the column order gadgets on dashboards referencing projects / filter some users can't display. If that's the case the user would see an error and you find the error in the logs...

Cheers Christian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events