I am seeing a lot of entries in our Jira logs like:
SEVERE: Internal server error
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Search request cannot be null. at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.layout.column.DefaultColumnLayoutManager.getColumnLayoutItems(DefaultColumnLayoutManager.java:79)
Is this a known issue? Or can you provide any possible cause/resolution?
Thanks for reporting this Matthew
and thank you for solving it Christian!
Some dashboard with column-order is shared but the filter used in the gadget is not shared.
The user will get a nice error message (like the error message in the filter results gadget), but will also get a "Internal Server Error" message underneath. This is the message you see in your log files.
I fixed this behaviour with the new Column Order Gadget Plugin Version 5.1.3 for Jira 5.1.
(It catches the Internal Server Error).
This version will be released on Marketplace within the next days.
Hi, I think this still exists in 5.1.5, except that when I use the Issue navigator to search for issues say "project = <projectkey>" this will list all issues in the project. And when I go to views -> charts I can see the column order gadget but it will display "Internal server error" on the screen. There is the cog button and I can edit the gadget but still it will just show the error. I believe this is because there is no request ID.
Hey Atlassian community, I help lead engineering at Sentry, an open-source error-tracking and monitoring tool that integrates with Jira. We started using Jira Software Cloud internally last year, a...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs