Screens and Listeners

I created a listener that modifies components of the parent based on the components of its children. The listener works great, but when I remove the Component field from the parent's edit screen (but leave it in the view screen), the listener no longer adjusts the components.

Nonetheless, I know the listener is still doing its magic since I can see its debug entries in the log file so it has something to do with how I'm re-configuring the screens. Any guidance here?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Are you using IssueService to set the components? One of the requirements of using that is that you need the fields on "Edit" screen when you invoke update method.

You can instead use IssueManager to override those checks.

yep, jobin. i'm using issueservice. know any work arounds? or other methods i should be using instead?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

425 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you