Mail.Ru Calendar needs to display (iso) week numbers and allow to customise date format

Tomi Kallio April 13, 2016

Currently there is no way to display week numbers with the Mail.Ru Calendar. I have implemented them myself but since the calendar is mostly a Javascript application, the implementation needs to use a MutationObserver to detect when the dates have been inserted into the calendar and this makes it unnecessarily difficult to do (i.e. it works but is by no means simple and most users will not be able to add them in). In our case we need ISO week numbers but this could be a configurable setting.

In addition to the week numbers, the date formatting should be configurable. I'd like to see month and not only the day (e.g. "14.4." instead of the default "14") for each date.

A documented way to provide custom CSS for the calendar would also come in handy. For example, in the Quarter view we display the first of of each month in a different background color.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ivan Mashintsev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2016

Hi, Tomi.

Great feature request. We included it in our backlog(link).

Tomi Kallio April 13, 2016

OK, good stuff. I attached a screenshot to the GitHub issue of the customisations we have done ourselves.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events