Issue fields not functioning

Kirk Downey November 6, 2012

Outlook2Jira plug in - in creating issues from outlook those fields which normally allow you to select users or drop down items do not function in the popup. Doeas anyone else have this issue? Support from Catworx does not respond to requests!

12 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

This issue has been fixed in version 1.4.1 for Jira 5 and 6. It will not work for Jira 4.4 when auto complete fields were introduced. Thanks to all beta testers.

Download:

http://plugins.extern.catworkx.de/display/O2J/Downloads

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

There have been changes in the final release of Jira 6 again, thus the embedded browser does not work for Jira 6.0, just milestone releases work.

0 votes
Kirk Downey May 22, 2013

The new version seems to have fixed our issue, thanks,

Kirk

0 votes
catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

Hello,

as some of you already noted, the auto-complete fields do not properly work within the embedded browser. We will tackle the problem asap. Maybe we will handle these special kind of fields (components, versions, labels, priorities) within the primary popup in Outlook instead of using the embedded browser.

As Oskar already mentioned you can start typing the name of the component and press TAB. Then the components and versions will be auto-completed

Regards,

Sebastian

ÓskarF March 7, 2013

Hi Sebastian,

Do you have an estimated date on the fix?

Regards,
Óskar Friðrik

catworkx GmbH
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2013

There is no estimated date. But I am currently working on this and hopefully there will be a fix this month.

0 votes
Kirk Downey February 4, 2013

This is what we find as well, have not heard back from Catworx...

0 votes
ÓskarF February 4, 2013

Hi again,

I have found out that even though the dropdown doesn't work you can input the first letters of the component for example, press TAB and the add-in does autocompletes the entry.

Is anyone at CatWorkx doing anything regarding this issue?

Regards,

Óskar Friðrik

0 votes
ÓskarF February 4, 2013

Hi again,

I have found out that even though the dropdown doesn't work you can input the first letters of the component for example, press TAB and the add-in does autocompletes the entry.

Is anyone at CatWorkx doing anything regarding this issue?

Regards,

Óskar Friðrik

0 votes
ÓskarF January 14, 2013

Hi Kirk,

For me the custom fields do populate, but Priority and Component's don't. Labels also don't seem to populate either.

Regards,
Óskar Friðrik

ÓskarF January 29, 2013

Hi hi,

I have found out that if changing the renderer for the component/s field to dropdown (from autocomplete), then everything works fine for the that field. I cannot change the Priority field and therefore that still doesn't work.

I would really like some support from CatWorkx on this so we can solve this.

Regards,
Óskar Friðrik

0 votes
Kirk Downey January 14, 2013

Not much to show, but the circled Assignee field is the one not populating. In all of the other fields, including custom fields, when you type the first 3 letters you get a selection to choose from.

Kirk Downey January 14, 2013

Here is the screenshot

0 votes
ÓskarF January 13, 2013

Hello,

Any news of a solution to this problem? I need to make my buying decision soon and if this problem is now solved it's a no brainer.

Regards,
Óskar Friðrik

0 votes
Tadeusz Calanca January 3, 2013

Hello

I have the same problem. We are considering buying this add-on, but it does not work, same problem as Kirk described. Could You provide some help ?

Regards

Tadek

ÓskarF January 6, 2013

Hi hi,

I have the same problem and these means we cannot create issues from Outlook as we cannot choose fields that are required.

Please adress soon...

Best regards,

Óskar Friðrik

0 votes
Deleted user January 3, 2013

Dear Kirk, first of all my deepest apologise for responing so late. In mid December I ve sent you a private mail, asking for more details. Have you received this mail? Could we have a chat?

Kind regards

Jan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events