How hard would it be to change it where a user would be able to insert a select statement straight from the view page instead of in edit mode?

Marsha Dorsey January 3, 2013

Currently I am trying to find a macro that is like a live search but searches a database and then displays the results. So for example when a user enters a space in confluence and selects our Element Data Dictionary page I want them to be able to enter a statement such as select element_name from element where element_date = 'February' then on submit the results will be listed.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Adrien Ragot 2
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2013

In the Play SQL macro, click on the red cell on the top left:

And an SQL panel appears to edit the SQL, right within the View Page, with the same options as in the editor. See the documentation page The Red Cell, Leo for details.

Marsha Dorsey January 8, 2013

This is exactly what I ws needing. For our current database setup we wanted users to be able to quesry their own leements so that they could get a definition of what the element is. For example if a user was curious about Lease_Number and wanted a more defined explination they would enter the query and it will be displayed for them.

This is a great plugin and I highly recommend it

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2013

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events