How do I reorder Zephyr Test Cases in a Test Cycle by Summary?

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2013

When will this be available? It is very important to be able to reorder the test cases within a test cycle. I can click on ID or Status and re-order them but I either need to be able to click on Summary and re-order them or manually move them into the order I need.

Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2013

Hi JS,

Currently the feature you are looking for is not available. However, I am going to bring this up with our product team. They can then review it and decide on adding it in a future release.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Jessica Sullivan
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 18, 2013

Thank you. Please let me know as soon as possible. Some Test Cycles have many test cases and need to be re-ordered. Because this can't be done some of our users have stopped using Zephyr and gone back to using just JIRA or a Word Document.

Gian Paguirigan May 15, 2016

Is this feature available already? I think it's important to have this as there are some tests that should be executed in proper order.

Chris Schroeder January 4, 2017

Emily, 

I see that this is still not a feature for the cloud version. I'm in the process of converting my test cases over from test lodge. which is a basic tool, that has the ability to reorder test cases within a test run.

The proposed work around does't work, meaning it negates the advantage of putting test cases into test runs and still doesn't allow me to set the correct order still.

Please add this ASAP!

1 vote
Peter Moline December 3, 2013

I agree. See my comment under this question for a more generic solution:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/216906/ability-to-sort-tests-within-test-cycle-in-zephyr

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events