Help with Story Filters Panel

RS April 2, 2013

I've been trying to understand how this product works and I have to say I'm baffled at how all Story-Filter check boxes are interrrelated. I've read all the documentation I can find, but there's no mention of the filter panel. I REALLY want to like this plug-in but I just can't figure out the filters thru trial-and-error. Is there any other documentation out there?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2013

OK, your expectation is right! But unfortunately at the user story map demo we just have static demo data behind, which are not consistent as you can see. In your own installation with realistic data it will work!

The implemented behavior of the check boxes is:

# checked - the cards are visible

# unchecked - the cards are invisible

Florian

RS April 3, 2013

Alright, I create a test project and give it a go. Thanks.

0 votes
Florian Bauer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 2, 2013

Hi Sundeer,

unfortunately the very final documentation for version 2.1 is still outstanding.. but is coming soon ;)

The filter shows a list of Status, Versions and Components. Each line contains a label, a progress bar, a check box, and two coloured radio buttons.

# the progress bar shows the progress related to the label in Story Points (check the mouse over bubble)

# with the check box you can hide the related cards

# with the radio buttons you can mark related cards in two different colours (green and orange). At this way it is possible to point out and compare two different versions for example.

You can even use a cross project filter (compare the docs) than the filter is like an accordion of multiple projects.

I hope that helps so far..

Florian

RS April 3, 2013

Thanks for the quick reply. I still can't figure it out for some reason. Here is a small example from the DEMO site.

So when I check every checkbox from each Filter Panel, I would expect to see no Story Card because the check boxes are suppose to hide the related cards. Everything checked = Everything hidden, right?

But that's not what I see. There are still a bunch of cards on the board. Also, now, if I uncheck just the box from the STMAP project attribute on the STMAP filter panel, all the cards relating to the STMAP project dissappear. That's the opposite behavior I would expect from a checkbox that is suppose to hide something. I'm stumped.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events