Gantt-Chart for JIRA / gadget added to dashboard / filter doesn't work

Martin von Arx May 20, 2014

Hi Frank,

every project-leader plans it's own project within the project using gantt-chart for Jira.

To gets a management overview I've added the gantt-chart as gadget to the dashboard.

I tried to set a filter for several project, but inside the gantt-charting it didn't work. The filter for the chosen projects couldn't be activated.

So I tried outside gantt-chart and configured a filter using "Issues - Manage Filters" and saved the configured filter.

Back in Gantt-Charting on the dashboard I set

Filter: TestAlstom
Rescource Planning: Yes
Height: 1000
Refresh Interval: Never

The problem is the filter doesn't work. I see all issues from the whole Jira-Database. And also it takes a long time.

What do I wrong ?

Kind regards

Martin

1 answer

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2014

Hi Martin,

in order to support you as best as possible, it is easier to raise such support request within my JIRA: just click on the question mark (?) on the right top to open the related menu and click on menu item "support request": a pre-filled email will be opened and you can add your topic. Based on that email, a JIRA issue will be created. That's much better for tracking.

Please add related screenshots to that new created JIRA issue for illustration.

What do you mean by "The filter for the chosen projects couldn't be activated"? Within my Gantt-Chart, you should be redirected to JIRA's native filter set-up (<yourJiraBaseUrl>/issues/?filter=) if you click on "manage filters" within the selection box on the top left.

Kind regards,
Frank

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events