Editing documents saved within Confluence space

Nanda Kops-Assendelft November 30, 2017

I want to save documents in Confluence and edit the document and save it directly in Confluence. Now I save the document local and then I also have to drag and drop the document in Confluence again.

I saved for example an excelsheet in Confluence. If I want to edit the document, I click on the link ‘edit in office’. Excel is opened, but everything is disabled. I can not view data in the document, everything is grey. Browser: Internet Explorer. I tried also Chrome, but system tells me I can only use IE or Forefox. And in Firefox I get the message that the plugin is not compatible with my version Firoefox 57.0.

How can I edit and save the chages directly in Confluence?

1 answer

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 7, 2017

Hi, I wish the answer was simple enough to just type in here but there are several conditions that must be met to edit in office and save the attachment back to Confluence as you are describing. The prerequisites and instructions are documented in: Edit Office Files

Nanda Kops-Assendelft December 7, 2017

Thanks Ann for the information. I checked the configuration matrix. I use Internet Explorer 11: 11.0.9600.18837, OS: Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2013. I created a Word document, insert some text, saved it in Confluence. When I use the button edit in Office to open the document again, Word opens, but it contains no data.  

Your instructions states:

If you experience problems editing documents using the Office Connector (using an application, operating system and browser combination above) please contact our support team, who can raise an issue about it. 

So can you please help me with this issue?

Thanks.

AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2017

Absolutely happy to help! I will need to examine the IE network traffic and if you can get logs that will help as well. Since we don't have file sharing on the Community forum yet, I created a ticket in your name on our support portal. You should get an email from the portal shortly with next steps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events