Connecting to tenxer issue

Shawn Goertzen January 3, 2013

I just installed the tenXer plugin for Jira. I am VERY confused by the workflow I need to follow to actually use this plugin. Here are the steps I followed:

1. Install the plugin through my Jira instance.

2. Click on tenXer configuration from the admin dashboard

3. Click "Connect to tenXer"

4. Click "Sign up for tenXer"

5. Choose "resolving more issues" as the reason I want to sign up

6. Get redirected to the Jira page to install the plugin!

So I have no idea how to create an account for tenXer. How do I actually USE this product?! Would greatly appreciate any help as this looks like a useful product.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Shawn Goertzen January 10, 2013

It appears tenXer has fixed this issue. However there is a issue remaining where you need to click the "Sign up for tenXer" right away when being navigated to their site from Jira. If you do this then it should all work for you.

0 votes
Aaron S February 18, 2013

We've released a new version of our JIRA plugin that resolves these issues. Please check it out and let us know what you think!

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.tenxer.atlassian.plugins.tenxer

We would love your feedback.

-Aaron
Product Mgmt @tenXer

0 votes
DanielM January 9, 2013

Thanks, I got signed up, but can't seem to get any data (activity stream) to populate on tenXer. This might be meant for a separate forum, but could this be related to this user flow? Or am I missing a specifc configuration?

My JIRA activity stream has data, but the tenXer dashboard is blank. Any ideas?

Cheryl J January 9, 2013

Hi Daniel, glad you were able to sign up now. We will try to work this out with you via email. Thanks!

0 votes
Cheryl J January 9, 2013

Hello~

We have deployed to tenXer production. I just verified that I was able to create an account in tenXer when starting from the JIRA tenXer configuration page "Connect to tenXer" link and then choosing the "Sign up for tenXer" button on the tenXer login page. Yay, no more going in circles. ;-)

Please try it out, and as always feel free to email us with comments or issues. Thanks for your patience.

~Cheryl

This is still quite broken. It now takes me to a screen where I can login using a password, GitHub, Google or Twitter. It also give an optino to sign up for tenXer.

When I try to login using Google I get the error "Trouble logging in with Google!" (Screenshot here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73798/tenXerGoogleLoginError.png)

When I click the "Sign up for tenXer" it takes me back to page that tells me to install Jira plugin.

No idea how to create an account yet.

Cheryl J January 10, 2013

Hi Shawn~

Sorry about that...

Logging in with Google from that page only works if you have an existing tenXer account using that Google account. I just filed a task for us to make this clear in the UI.

The "Sign up for tenXer" button should take you to a registration page, only when coming from JIRA. Are you seeing "?from_jira" in the login page url? Unfortunately you can't simply add that parameter, but that is an indication of if you are getting the correct login page.

Let me know how it goes!

~Cheryl

It appears you have a bug where the ?from_jira gets lost if the user does anything else on that page.

I was able to create an account by making sure I click the button right away after being navigated to your site. However as soon as I created an account and got redirected to my Jira instance I got a large error message on my screen: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/73798/tenXerJiraIntegrationPage.png

This error persists even if I click on Dashboard, Statistics or Leaderboards.

Cheryl J January 10, 2013

Hi Shawn~

Thanks for the update!

Could you refresh the JIRA tenXer configuration page and see if that error goes away? I saw a similar 500 page that didn't persist once in my testing. I had thought it was just a brief fluke but your comment makes me think it is a real but hopefully intermittent problem. I'll file this for further investigation.

The good news is data from your JIRA is coming through to tenXer. Check out https://www.tenxer.com/dashboard/ if you haven't already!

~Cheryl

0 votes
DanielM January 9, 2013

This is happening for me as well, is there an update? Or a different way to sign-up, I thought I was misunderstanding, but it was looping me in circles.

Cheryl J January 9, 2013

Hello Daniel. Unfortunately there is no other way to sign up to the tenXer JIRA objective right now, but we are trying to get the fix deployed as soon as we can. I'll post here when the new JIRA user signup is working again on tenXer production.

0 votes
Cheryl J January 4, 2013

Hello~

We're working on this. We recently updated our sign-up workflows and it looks like the new user experience for JIRA isn't working quite right.

For anybody else who sees this post in the future and needs help with tenXer, please feel free to contact us directly:

Support - support@tenxer.com

Feedback - feedback@tenxer.com

Thanks!

~Cheryl, tenXer

Shawn Goertzen January 9, 2013

Any update on when tenXer will be working with Jira? Is there a work around that people could use to create an account in the mean time?

Cheryl J January 9, 2013

Hi Shawn. We're hoping to deploy the fix for creating new JIRA connections to tenXer production today. Thanks for your continued interest. ;-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events