Commit graph view throws exception

Michael Richmond July 17, 2013
I am running JIRA 6.0.4 using the built-in database while evaluating JIRA/confluence for my team. I have installed Subversion Plus and pointed it at my existing SVN repository. Browsing via the revision list is working. But the commit graph views are broken. From the SVN root view if I click on the Commit Graph button I get a popup that contains: The page at host:8080 says: Error: { javaClassName:"java.lang.Throwable", message:"Error" } Any suggestions on how to resolve this?

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Richmond July 24, 2013

The 3.1.4 version fixes the bugs.

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 18, 2013

I've reproduced it: the commit graph algorithms are pretty fast. However, if your repository is large it could take some seconds in order to show any result. If you click on the browser back button in the meanwhile, this error message is shown. In such cases, please, be patient and wait the graph to be loaded. This will be improved by showing some progress bar.

If the described above is not your case, please, try the new 3.1.2 version. It fixes some internal problems with the variable names for the pegRevision.

0 votes
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 17, 2013

What browser are you using? If you are using IE then the 9 version or newer is required.

Michael Richmond July 18, 2013
I am seeing the same behavior with: Chrome v28.0.1500.71 (OS X 10.8) Safari v6.0.5 (OS X 10.8) Firefox v21.0 (OS X 10.8)
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2013

Thanks for testing it!.

I've reviewed the code and found a bug related to commit graphs. As the error message showed by the plug-in is totally useless, I don't know if your problem will be resolved by this fix. It's a sort of roulette, but, please, try the just released 3.1.2 version and let me know if the graph can be viewed.

Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2013
... in the 3.1.3 version a loading progress icon is shown while the commit graph data is downloading and processing. That will help to wait for the graph loads...
Michael Richmond July 18, 2013
Thanks for the fast patch. With the 3.1.3 version installed, at the root of the SVN and the commit graph button at the top-right of the screen is clicked the previous error due to a Java-side exception being raised no longer produces an error dialog. For items in the repository, the drw.engine error I report no longer occurs. Instead, a loading spinner is visible. The loading spinner overlaps the pale-blue "Info" panel. So you might want to put some positioning on the spinner. But, with brief testing I have been unable to reproduce the errors in the 3.1.3 build. Thanks.
Kinto Soft
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2013
The 3.1.4 version fixes the spinner position bug. Thank you!
0 votes
Michael Richmond July 17, 2013
Similarly, navigating down into a folder such as "trunk" then clicking on the Commit Graph button raises the error dialog: : { name:"dwr.engine.http.0", message: }

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events