Classic Board Not "Indexing"?

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2013

Some weirdness is occuring on the classic agile boards (and for at least one the proper issues aren't showing in the search results). I've been able to reproduce it with our clone plugin that creates new projects from templates.

How To Reproduce

1. Create a parent and a few sub-tasks in a project. (For us, it's a laundry list of issues and sub-tasks since it's our template project.)
  2. Use the clone plugin to clone that project into another project. Attached is our script that does so. (copyProject.txt)
  3. Look at the classic board. (Screenshot below of agile board and another showing a task that should have shown but doesn't.)

What's Happens

Only the parent shows on the classic board when filtered by version and not the sub-tasks.

What's Expected

Both parent and sub-tasks should show.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 21, 2013

Hey there, Tanner.

I would recommend you to contact the plugin vendor directly so that you can have your questions answered quicker. Review the following information:

1. Name: Bob Swift Software, LLC for Clone Plus Plugin (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.clone-plus)
  2. Address: 2528 Northridge Ln. N.E., Rochester Minnesota 55906-4083, United States of America
  3. Email: info@bobswiftsoftware.com
  4. Homepage: http://bobswiftsoftware.com/

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

thanks, ahmad. from the looks of it, it was actually another plugin causing the issue. i've made some adjustments, and i'm waiting to see if it happens again. (it happens so rarely that i'm not quite sure i resolved it yet.) marking this as the answer.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events