Can you move the Joggler start/stop button to a more prominent location?

Andrew Walters October 6, 2015

Right now I have to scroll to get to the button. Is there a way to move it either further up the right-hand-side column or up to the top row with the action buttons?

(edit: removed typo from topic title)

3 answers

0 votes
Andrew Walters October 7, 2015

On desktops I can see it. On my laptop I have to scroll for that too.

I had an I-have-no-idea-what-I'm-doing poke around under the hood, took a look at jira-view-issue-plugin-6.4.7.jar and the atlassian-plugin.xml within that and I noticed there's a "weight" paramater for each <web-item> tag. Then I found the Joggler .jar file, extracted that, found and changed a weight param from 1000 to 5, repackaged and restarted Jira.

Boom!

Worked a treat. (I also changed the time tracking web-item weight to 8). Of course I'll lose that change the next time you update the plug-in so if the weight were user- configurable or configurable in a way that the change would persist, that'd be neat :)

Thanks,

Andrew

0 votes
Deleted user October 7, 2015

Hi Andrew

JIRA/Atlassian would have to provide a means to configure the widget position. To me that would make a lot of sense. Maybe you want to ask the question if they are willing/planing to provide this in the JIRA topic?

In your case: Can you see the Time Tracking widget without scrolling? To me it would make lots of sense to move the Toggl widget next to the Time Tracking widget. Maybe that would solve your problem too?

Regards

Benno

Andrew Walters October 22, 2015

Thanks. I found a way around by modifying your plugin as per my answer below - interested in whether the plugin can allow the <weight> setting to be user-configurable in a way that would persist across updates?

0 votes
Deleted user October 6, 2015

Hi Andrew

Technically we could try to move it further up. But this might annoy other users because they want different widgets to be on top. Maybe it already helps when you collapse the widgets that you do not need that often?

We can not add an action to the top row.

Regards

Benno

ugh at the typo I made in the question (remove "to"!) We use all the widgets we see bar HipChat, but hiding that still leaves the Toggl button (which will become the widget we use most) well off the bottom of the display requiring scrolling. Please excuse the ignorant question, as I don't know JIRA plugin architecture, but is it possible to make the widget/button location configurable?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events