Can I turn off Table Functions in View Mode for Scaffolding but not for other tables?

Heth Siemer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 16, 2018

I just upgrade from Confluence 5.10.8 to 6.6.3 and noticed there was new table functionality:

pivot.png

I accidentally clicked on the functionality on a scaffolding table, causing the table to turn into a Pivot Table:

after pivot.pngafter11.png

In Edit Mode, my scaffolding was still there, so I removed the pivot table and the table filter macros:edit.png

However, The table showed up blank in both view mode and edit contents, deleting all the entries I had. Also, no matter how many times I tried to add a row or save, I couldn't even add a new row.after edit contents.pngafter removal.png

I had to go into my page history, grab an older version of the table that didn't break, and revert it. I have 25K+ users and I do not want this functionality for Scaffolding tables. However, we have a lot of users using these functions outside of Scaffolding, and I want to keep the functions available for them.

I'm open to mass solutions or table-by-table solutions.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andrey Khaneev _StiltSoft_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

Hi Heth,

You can disable this feature only on per user/group basis. If you have more questions, please, contact StiltSoft support.

0 votes
Mervyn Toh
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2018

Hi Heth,

The feature you've encountered isn't a feature provided Scaffolding - Scaffolding doesn't provide features that filters your table. From the look of the interface, this seems like a feature provided by Table Filter and Charts for Confluence by StiltSoft.

I'd suggest to approach StlitSoft Support for a better solution on this issue. If you'd like to avoid the menu from table Filter and Charts from popping up, perhaps you can disable the add-on for the meantime.

Thank you.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events