When using Structure and generators, the Epics that do not have tasks assigned to them do not show up in the structure under the following conditions:
1. Add Insert Generator with the query for all issues below Epics: ‘project=xx and type in (Story, Task)’;
2. Add Extend Generator to add issues with the ‘Relates’ link;
3. Add the Filter Generator;
4. To remove duplicate issues, add Remove Inserter/Extender Duplicates Filter Generator;
5. Add Group by Components and Group by Epic Generator, which will pull Epics in the structure. If you want, you can drag and drop both groupers in the list of Generators to change the grouping order.
In the above case, the Epics without assigned tasks do not show up anywhere in the generated output. Only Epics with assigned tasks show (and seem to show correctly)
If I do the following:
1. insert generator all tasks for project = xx
2. group by component
3. group by epic
The epics with no assigned tasks are only listed under the generated folder "no epic"
I would expect Epics without assigned tasks to show up correctly in both cases.
Currently it is only possible to add groups for items in the structure, but we are planning to make possible adding empty groups. This is not an easy task, as for example in your scenario empty epics can be duplicated multiple times under every component.
While I do not know all of the details of your usecase perhaps a direct approach can work:
This will definitely show epics without stories under them. But may be less useful for your specific task.
ALM Works Support
Hello Atlassian Community! Each month, we run a series of Spotlights to highlight Marketplace vendors and apps that our team thinks this Community would find valuable. In last month's Spotlig...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs