using git version control with on demand instance

Mona Soni October 23, 2012

I want to use git version control viewer with my JIRA ondemand instance

5 answers

1 vote
Andrew Matheny March 30, 2014

I too would like to connect my private git repo to my on-demand Jira instance. We're currently posting git commit metadata as a comment via a hook but this is not ideal as it makes the discussion hard to folllow. At the very least, it would be nice to open up the API used by the DVCS connector to allow posting of commits via a hook.

0 votes
Adam Wride
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2016

Mona - we now offer JIRA Cloud support for the Git Integration for JIRA add-on: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.xiplink.jira.git.jira_git_plugin/cloud/overview

0 votes
Adam October 25, 2012

Hi Mona - Adam here (I help support the Git Version Control Viewer). Right now our plugin isn't supported for JIRA ondemand. Atlassian has said that they will make it possible in the future for our plugin to work on JIRA OnDemand. We will post here when it becomes possible.

Cheers!

0 votes
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2012

Hi Mona,

We have annouced recently the new feature to connect bitbucket <-> OnDemand integration. Please take a look on this page: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/Getting+started+with+Bitbucket+and+OnDemand

Or you can use the JIRA DVCS Connector to connect your BitBucket repository or GitHub repo with your JIRA instance.

Hope that helps.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2012

Hi, the only way to use Git with OnDemand is to use Bitbucket. If you want your own private Git repo you will need the either hosted your own instance or get it externally hosted.

Mona Soni October 23, 2012

Is there a way for us to add it to our on demand instance for trial period and if we want to go for it we can plan to host an instance

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 25, 2012

As said by Razaq, you can use Bitbucket or Github. If you need a private Git instance you need to use something other than OnDemand. If you are looking for JIRA hosting we @ Query Foundry would be able to provide a quote.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events