table-data get max value from column

Steve Boydon January 20, 2016

Hi

I am trying to use within an eval-data filed in a table-data macro the maximum value from a 'column' of data.

The eval-data is adding 3 values, the first 2 are simple as they grab the relvant column from that particular row. However, the third value needs to do a loookup on the table and return the maximum value for a particular column.

I can get the value outside of the table within a grouping-reporter and grouping stats. The problem I have is when trying to grab the maximum value and read it into the table-data macro as another column

I hope this makes sense.

Column1 Column2 Max of column2 Calculation Column1 + Column2 + Column3
5                  4                   10                                             19
4                  4                   10                                            18
1                 10                 10                                             21
2                 6                  10                                                18

Steve

3 answers

0 votes
CelesteCS June 3, 2016

Hello!

For any calculations in Confluence, including any manipulations with table data, you may use CelesteCS Math for Confluence.

SUM and MAX are simplest examples of using this macro.

Assume you have a table with three columns and three rows on your page – from A1 till C3, where row 1 is the header row. The MAX calculation formula for rows 2 and 3 will be simple:

MAX(Table1.A2:C3)

There is a plenty of other functions in the macro, so you may perform any calculations using formulas in EXCEL style.

Thanks!

0 votes
Steve Boydon January 20, 2016

Hi Nic

Sorry, my mistake it's actually Scaffolding, hence your response smile

It's Service Rocket Scaffolding for Confluence, using the table-data macro

Within that i need to somehow pass a value to the eval-data macro.

The alternative, might be to cheat and use Scaffolding to generate the data, then when in view mode,hide it and use reporting instead. Sounds clunky, do you know if this is feasible,

At the moment, i have tried just about every which way not possible

Regards

Steve

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2016

Which reporting plugin, and which application is it for?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events