structure gantt manual task among automatically scheduled tasks

Isri Zilbershmidet
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 28, 2024

Hello guys.

I am building a plan for one of my resources using structure gantt. all the stories I have are between 4-7 weeks each and automatically scheduled by gantt level priority.

I have this one task which is manually set to certain date which must occur then. when I level the tasks, there is a hole just before that manual task since no automatically scheduled task can fit there.

In MS Project in such case, the automatically task would have started before the manual one, and then continue after it (the duration will just grow). 

how can I do such thing in here, it is not reasonable to have holes in the gantt it is not resource efficient, on the other hand I could not get better granularity (smaller sub tasks) for the automatically scheduled tasks so they could be splitted 

1 answer

0 votes
Stepan Kholodov _Tempo_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2024

Hello @Isri Zilbershmidet 

Please note - the resource leveling feature is the resource management tool. Its purpose is to resolve the overallocation of resources; it solves it by moving some tasks of a resource to a later time - the closest available time when a resource can work on them according to their availability and capacity. Although you can affect the leveling results by defining leveling priority for certain tasks, resource leveling is not designed to provide specific scheduling dates for the chart's tasks.

To address the mentioned gap, I'd suggest looking into creating dependencies from/to the manually scheduled tasks, this might help.

If you need further assistance or have other questions about Structure.Gantt, please reach out to us directly at our support portal and we'll get back to you shortly.

Best regards,
Stepan
Tempo (the Structure app vendor)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events