"New Insight Custom Field" - Change old / deprecated custom field types

Johannes Buverud
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2018

https://documentation.riada.se/insight/latest/insight-administrator-s-guide/insight-custom-fields/migrating-deprecated-insight-custom-field

"4) Copy this script with the changed custom field ids to the Insight web console."

- Is "Insight web console" the same as "Insight Script console"?

"5) Run the script and check the log for any details about the update issues."

- Is it the atlassian-jira.log that should be checked, and why? To see if anything happened at all, or to see if there is any errors?

2 answers

0 votes
Johannes Buverud
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 15, 2018

One thing missing in the documentation is the need to update "Insight Referenced Objects" fields if you have any of these refering to the old field. It looks like "Parent Custom Field" refers to a custom field name, but it seems like the ID is stored under the hood.

I gave my new "Insight Object/s" custom field the same name as the old deprecated one, but I still had to retype the new name in the "Parent Custom Field" to make this work again.

Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 21, 2018

Hi Johannes, sorry for the long response time, glad you managed to get so far :)

Yes, it's the Insight Script Console we are referring to, and there is an log tab there that you can look at when you execute an script.

That warning seems not to be related to our scripts.

And it's as expected that you need to select the new parent custom field, as the value might be displayed with name, but the id is used under the hood just as you mentioned :)

Cheers!
Alexander

0 votes
Johannes Buverud
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 15, 2018

4) Did this in Script console, and all look good.

5) Looked in the atlassian.jira.log, and there was a lot of action for sure. Some warnings like this:

https-jsse-nio-8443-exec-24 WARN B114510 675x135978x1 vr3tx7  /rest/insight/1.0/groovy/evaluate [c.a.jira.ofbiz.ConnectionPoolHealthSqlInterceptor] Dangerous use of multiple connections: replaced => count=0; marks=[-1-0]; pool=17/20

but I guess thats ok?

btw. Great script!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events