"Epic Name" field appears twice

Evan Goldin January 21, 2013

Hey guys, I'm seeing the Epic Name appear twice when creating and editing Epics. However, when I tried to remove one of the fields, I then couldn't create new epics (I got an error when submitting the form). Any idea what's going on?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Chin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 24, 2013

The workaround when epic name appear to be duplicate in JIRA custom field.

1. Identify the custom field IDs of the two Epic Name fields from the JIRA instance.

2. Copy the id from this SQL query: "select * from propertyentry where entity_name = 'GreenHopper.properties' and property_key='GreenHopper.EpicLabel.Default.customfield.id';"

3. Paste the id here and run this SQL query again: "select * from propertynumber where id = <id>;"

4. The id will be your GH Epic Name custom field ID.

5. Since you have two Epic Name custom field and IDs respectively, you may try to delete the one which are not selected above.

Note: Before you proceed with this, please take a full backup of your instance in case something happen.

Hope it helps.

0 votes
Evan Goldin January 22, 2013

Atlassian fixed this. Not sure why it was happening.

Evan Goldin January 23, 2013

I wish I knew! I contacted support, and they deleted the extra field. When I tried doing that, I just got an error.

Jari Kokkonen January 23, 2013

Please explain how they fixed it.

Jari Kokkonen January 24, 2013

Lucky you,

I did not realize that you are using the JIRA OnDemand version.

I am currently struggling to solve the same issue on our self-hosted version...

Thx,

Jari

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events