{{priority}} variable empty from JIRA to OpsGenie

Raghav Agrawal October 30, 2022

Hi Experts,

We are trying to automate alert generation(OpsGenie) upon ticket created in JIRA.

Everything seems to work smoothly, except for {{priority}} which comes as empty.

Not sure where the miss is..

Can someone please help me understand the gap..

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2022

Hi @Raghav Agrawal 

Does the issue in jira you are using to create alert in Opsgenie have a value for the priority field (native jira field) ? Maybe when you create the issue the field is empty and some jira project configs are not done properly also for the priority field... 

As I see in the doc as it is a native field it should work if the jira issue has a value for this field ;) 

I hope it helps a bit. 

Cheers,
Dam. 

Raghav Agrawal October 31, 2022

Hi @Dam ,

Thank you for the quick response.

In our JIRA Project, priority is calculated on 'Impact' and 'Urgency' dropdown variables.

For eg:-
If we keep Impact and Urgency, both as low, P5(lowest) priority is reflected in JIRA.

We don't define it manually. Maybe that is the reason its sending priority as empty in OpsGenie? Please suggest..

Thanks,
Raghav

Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 31, 2022

@Raghav Agrawal yes i think this is why... how do calculate the priority ? With an automation rule maybe, if so, then automation rule are down after issue creation so i think this is why... 

can you try with a simple priority selected on issue creation ? then you alert in Opsgenie should be created with the priority value filed... just to make sure we found the good cause ;) 

Dam.

Hi @Dam ,

If I understand correctly, the rule applies post creation of incident and doesn't work 'during' the creation? Maybe that's why the alert created in 'during' phase has empty priority values?

Please let me know if I understand this correctly :)

I'm relatively new to JIRA-Opsgenie, pardon me if I miss something :D

Cheers,
Raghav

Dam
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 31, 2022

@Raghav Agrawal  yes the rule is asynchronous after creation... the create event is sent before the rule runs... ;) 

It's all fine you are here to learn and improve your knowledge ;) and I'm happy to help 

Cheers,
Dam.

Hi @Dam ,

Thank you for the valuable info :) Learned something new today.

You're a rockstar :)

Cheers,
Raghav

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events