need to add a Form to a preestablished Software Project. Work around?

Jordon Martig September 29, 2023

I have a preestablished project with a project type of "software." I need to add a Form for external users to add information for issue creation. From my understanding, Software project types do that support this. Is there a work around? 

3 answers

0 votes
Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 6, 2023

Hello @Jordon Martig 

Our team has developed an add-on called Smart Jira Forms, which enables you to easily share forms externally via a link. You can also embed the form on your website or Confluence page.IMG_0420.png You can use a single link to gather numerous responses, and there's no time limit for filling out the form. This makes it a flexible option for sharing with users outside of Jira.

You can seamlessly integrate the form link into the HTML code of your website, blog, social media, or Jira project to collect responses from various sources. Smart Jira Forms allows you to set up automatic issue creation with form responses, and the form itself is attached to the issue. Additionally, you have the option to export all responses in CSV or PDF format.

We believe that Smart Jira Forms can greatly streamline your form-sharing and response-collection process. Try it here - >

If you have any questions or require further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out.

0 votes
Olha Yevdokymova_SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 6, 2023

Hello @Jordon Martig !
 If you're working within a "Software" project type and need to add a form for external users, you can use our add-on, Smart Jira Forms. It enables you to share forms externally via a link, allowing users to submit information. This add-on supports conditional form logic, refilling issue fields based on submitted data and embedding on your website or confluence page.

The add-on automatically creates an issue after each form submission and attaches the form to the issue. Additionally, you have the option to export all responses in CSV or PDF format. This should provide a solution to your needs.

Let me know if you require any further assistance!

0 votes
Jordon Martig September 29, 2023

This backdoor worked:  https://sitename.atlassian.net/jira/software/c/projects/project_key/settings/forms/

However, this does not allow me to solve second problem, which setting up the external service request.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events