ictime Plan/Actual showing only 0 hours even with Jira containing hours

KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 19, 2013

– I am evaluating ictime for use. I am struggling to learn it and get it to work. I have been trying to follow what documentation there is but it has been difficult.

Here is the current problem. I am trying to use the actual vs planned feature. As you can see in the attached screenshot, JIRA SWEP-1695 in component amethyst has 2d 3h of time logged against it and remaining time of 2w 1h. But the top level line by amethyst shows 0 hours for plan, logged, remaining, difference, and quality. Why don’t my times show up in the summary?

I tried initially with a Jira without a component. When that didn’t work, I put the Jira in the component amethyst. It didn’t show. I tried closing the Jira – still didn’t show. I created another Jira and set its component right at the beginning. Still only see 0 for all the summary.

Why aren’t the times summing up? Why are all the summary hours 0 even though the Jira has hours estimated, logged, and remaining?

Also, I expected that the plan/actual comparison would have additional filters besides project and component. For example, I might want to compare actual vs plan for a selected iteration or set of iterations for the project, not the entire project. Or I might want to compare plan vs actual for Jiras created during a range of dates, started during a range of dates, or completed within a range of dates. I might want to compare plan vs actual for all Jiras or only for Jiras that have completed.

Is any of that functionality in place?

Are there any step-by-step tutorials that walk a new user through using ictime – particularly for generating actual vs plan comparisons?

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 21, 2013

Hi Ken,

There are two possible reasons for this problem:

1. You are working with an Orcale database. There is a known bug with Oracle that leads exactly to the behaviour you see, the aggregated results on component and project level are empty allthough you have values for time estimated and logged. This bug will be fixed with the next release (2.4).

2. Your JIRA version does not match the ictime version. ictime 2.3.x is compatible with JIRA 5.2.x. ictime version 2.2 (no longer maintained) is compatible with JIRA 5.0.x and 5.1.x and JIRA 4.x is not supported.

Regarding filters, apart from component, it is planned to add more dimensions (like version, user, ...) in the future, but there is no schedule for this yet. Date as dimension is something that might be discussed, but it is difficult, as we do not have plan values associated with dates in JIRA. We have a due date as option, but no information on planned distribution of the estimated time during the period someone is working on an issue. Specifics of agile planning are in general not considered in ictime at this moment.

There are no tutorials for the plan/actual comparisons, but the topic is explained in the following chapter of the documentation: https://interconcept.atlassian.net/wiki/display/ICTJP/Planning.

Best
regards

Tobias

0 votes
Tobias Reibling
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2013

Hi Ken,

No hotfix is planned, but version 2.4 will be released before end of May, i.e. in approx. 1 month.

0 votes
KP11
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 22, 2013

Hi Tobias,

We have issue number #1. Is there a hotfix for current release? Also when is version 2.4 going to be released? Any ETA? Weeks, Months?

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 20, 2013

Hey there.

My personal recommendation is to contact the plugin vendor directly to seek for assistance when it comes to the usability of the plugin. They are the best point of contact for this matter as they have the knowledge and they will be able to provide the explanation to the questions that you have.

Kindly refer to the following information:

1. Name: Interconcept GmbH (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.iconcept.ictime.jira-ictime)
  2. Address: Zum Quellenpark 38, Bad Soden 65812, Germany
  3. Email :jiraplugins@interconcept.de
  4. Homepage: http://www.interconcept.de/

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events