how to check if value of original estimate is zero before doing calculated measure

Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2022

so i am creating a calculated measure that will return variance between actual Log hours vs Orignal estimates, but in case if  my actual is zero it returns infinity , so before doing my calculation i want to check that only if the value of my measure field is non zero then do calculation

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Roberts Čāčus
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2022

Hi @Sakina ,

I recommend implementing a condition with the CASE statement before the calculation and checking whether the actual logged hours are greater than zero. Some of the predefined calculated measures have such a condition. Please view the formula of the measure "Average resolution days" as an example.

CASE WHEN [Measures].[Issues resolved] > 0 THEN
[Measures].[Total resolution days] / [Measures].[Issues resolved]
END

See the eazyBI documentation page on defining calculated measures here - https://docs.eazybi.com/eazybi/analyze-and-visualize/calculated-measures-and-members/calculated-measures.

Best,

Roberts // support@eazybi.com

Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2022

@Roberts Čāčus  that's what i did 😀

Like Roberts Čāčus likes this
0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2022
Sakina
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 21, 2022

hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

thank but, i got the other way around

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events