hierarchic view of issues on kanban board

Frinx support team July 4, 2017

Hi there,

we are using Jira software cloud version.

My team keeps asking me if there is a chance they can see all the issues (stories, tasks, subtasks) on kanban board (selected for development) in hierarchic view?

I know there is such a thing for scrum backlog: https://www.google.sk/search?q=jira+subtask+sprint+board&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjenrbX5-zUAhWGHpoKHeIeCqoQ_AUICigB&biw=1920&bih=1070#imgrc=JXrRE3_MTDPGlM: 

but I can't find similar settings for kanban boards.

If I have story 1, task 1, and sub-task 1 and story 2, task 2 and sub-task 2 I'd like to see them in following view on kanban board:

Story 1

Task 1

Sub-task 1

Sotry 2

Task 2

Sub-task 2

Does something like that exist?

Thanks 

1 answer

0 votes
Gerry Claps August 3, 2017

You can get a backlog for your Kanban project by enabling Kanplan, which will allow you to emulate the Issue hierarchy view you've described above.

To do this, simply go to your board settings and dragging a status into the 'Kanban backlog' section. See here for more details.

Frinx support team July 17, 2018

Hi Gerry

thanks, but you sent me basic settings for kanban board and this is not what I need.

Based on the manual for 'Create subtasks' part, I should be able to see in the backlog and also in the kanban board which subtasks belong to which tasks create subtasks

What should I see 

backlog tasks with subtasks.JPGWhat I actually see, is no indented subtask FI-230 of main task FI-229

task with subtask.JPG

Thanks for reply

Veronika

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events