eazyBI - How do I get a specific value of a measure from an earlier time?

Chris Peake April 5, 2023

I am using the Cumulative Story Points completed measure in eazyBI to show project burn-up over time.  I'd like to add some forward looking projections based on the story point completion rate over the past 6 weeks.

To do this, I need to have the story points completed today (easy) and the story points completed 6w ago as the starting point for the calculation but I am at a loss to find out how to get the completed story point value from 6w ago (highlighted below).

story_point_value_6w_ago.png

I thought it would have been as easy as creating a tuple of the 'Cumulative Story Points completed' measure and the date - 6w but nothing I've tried produces the output I want.

Something like this:

(
[Measures].[Cumulative Story Points resolved],
[Time].[Week].DateMember(DateAdd('ww', -6, Now()))
)

I feel like there's a simple solution here that's just going over my head entirely.  Does anyone have any ideas or examples to share?

Any help is much appreciated!

1 answer

1 vote
Chris Peake April 11, 2023

Found a working solution…this isn’t exactly it but it shows what I was going for next which was the total story points completed over 6 previous weeks.

I didn’t know you could use a colon between to members to create a set of members. ‘Lag’ is also new to me.

Sum(
  {[Time.Weekly].[Week].CurrentDateMember.Lag(6):
   [Time.Weekly].[Week].CurrentDateMember.PrevMember},
  [Measures].[Story Points resolved]
)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events