Zooming in / out of the range of date

Yen Pham April 28, 2014

For example, I want to see 4 or 5 months worth of scheduled project work. Right now I can only see two months at a time.

Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Hi Yen,

your screenshot illustrates, you are NOT using my Gantt-Chart add-on (https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.polscheit.jira.plugins.gantt) as I have already assumed within my first reply: you are using a competitive add-on by a French vendor called Soyatec!

If you would use my Gantt-Chart for JIRA add-on (see URL/link above), you can easily switch timelines like shown below:

Kind regards,
Frank

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 28, 2014

You can do that by just using a related JIRA filter having a JQL like 'Planned Start' > -4w AND 'Planned End' <= +12w (see Atlassian JIRA documentation on JQL if your are not that familiar with it). Storing such filter having relative dates instead of absolute dates (e.g. 04/29/2014), you can use the same filter every day but getting a sliding time window.

Kind regards,
Frank

Yen Pham April 29, 2014

Thanks Frank - the filter narrows the range of tasks that are viewable, but what I am looking for is for the Gantt chart itself to display 3-4 months of work (in the "Months" row above the "Days" row at the top of the chart if that helps). I attached an image as reference

Currently I see that I can only toggle that button from Months to Weeks as opposed to viewing a larger range.

Thanks!

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 28, 2014

Hi Yen,

using my Gantt-Chart, you specify the issues being displayed e.g. via selected JIRA filter. Talking from zooming in/out, I assume you may have mixed my add-on with Soyatec's "Gantt-Chart Project" add-on, which they named very similar to mine ... in that case, please contact the correct vendor. Otherwise, you can open a support request via click on that gantt-menu item within the question mark menu (?).

Kind regards,
Frank

Yen Pham April 28, 2014

Ah, I was asking if I can zoom in / out to see a smaller / larger date range. I suppose this isn't a supported feature?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events