Zephyr for JIRA: Display the test step columns vertically

djhaskin987 August 12, 2013

I am trying to create a test plan and using zephyr for this is extremely convenient. I would like to do something better, however. My screen is somewhat narrow and so the columns in the test steps, namely 'test step', 'test data', and 'expected result', are only around 5 characters wide each.

I wonder if there is a way to display the columns vertically in each step in the current version of Zephyr for JIRA, e.g.

1. Test Step

... <test step here>

Test Data
... <test data here>

Expected Results
... <expected results here>

2. Test Step
... <test step here>

Test Data
... <test data here>

Expected Results
... <expected results here>

??? If so, how do I set that up?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Emily Schneider
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2013

Hi Daniel,

Currently there is not a way to adjust these columns. This is due to Atlassian giving us a very finite amount of room to work within. The sections surrounding this area all belong to JIRA and we are not able to interfere with them.

However, I will still pass this idea onto our product team. I am not sure if they will be able to do much however at least they will have ideas on other ways to perhaps format the section JIRA gives us.

Kind Regards,

Emily

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events