Xray import JUnit results from tests but it creates different test issues

Azahara Camacho October 7, 2020

Hello,

I am trying to import the results of my test plan execution to Xray, but I have some troubles. I list you the steps that I follow to reproduce it:

1. I create test Cucumber issues that I export after this for its development in my project. I get all the tags of the stories covered with them and the test plan where I collect them.
  2. After completing them, I generate a JUnit XML report.
  3. I import it to Xray.
    • The results are imported to the correct Test Execution and Test Plan, but the test issues are not updated with the execution results.
    • Other test issues are created as "Generic" with the name "(Epic name): (name of the original test issue)" and the original test issues are not modified. Finally, I get the same amount of new test issues than the original ones that I tested.

Could you help me with this problem?

Thanks!

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 19, 2020

Hi @Azahara Camacho

For guidance, you can check our support documentation regarding this topic: 

If your doubts remain, I recommend you to reach out Xray support and the team will be glad to help you out.

Best Regards,

Sergio

Solution Architect and Testing Advocate @Xray

Personal blog on testing, Agile, and software development: https://sergiofreire.com

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/darktelecom

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ashok Dalabehera October 8, 2020

Hi, This is Ashok Dalabehera. I am also facing the exact problem.

Srinivasan Anantharaman May 17, 2021

Hi @Ashok Dalabehera - Ending up in the exact same scenario of duplicate test issues being created. Ours is a custom junit xml and trying to figure out what is being missed. Any hints on how this issue was resolved at your end? Thank You.

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2022

@Azahara Camacho , @Srinivasan Anantharaman , @Ashok Dalabehera :

Is there still an issue with this?

Best
Stefan

Srinivasan Anantharaman March 11, 2022

@Stefan Salzl 

Adapting a workaround process by mapping “issuekey” field during upload to avoid  duplicate issues being created. Requires jira-admin rights :) 

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

that sounds interesting. Would you mind to describe the workaround here?

Best
Stefan

Srinivasan Anantharaman March 11, 2022

Not sure if yours is the same use case. Anyways, Please refer the solution to 

Solved: Generic tests from automated code (Xray) updated c... (atlassian.com)

Note: Updated the link. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events