Xray - Link a bug to several tests

Deleted user August 2, 2018

Hi Community,

I am a new user of Xray and I am confronted to my first problem.
I am currently doing a test execution of 300 tests and I would like to know if there is a possibility to link a bug that I created for a test inside the test execution to a certain number of other tests? 

What is the most efficient way of doing this?

Thanks,

Michael

2 answers

0 votes
Kaja Moihdeen February 23, 2021

How I can link a single bug(show stopper) to the multiple test cases using bulk update?

From my understanding linking an issue to another issue with bulk update is not possible.

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2021

Hi @Kaja Moihdeen 

In Xray the links of Bug that count for the reports are the links set at the Test Run level.

The Test Run is the actual execution of Test case, when the status, evidences, comments, etc. are made.

And the Test Run is the only entity of Xray that is not a Jira Issue, so it is not possible to make bulk link of defects at the Test Run level.

If you need further help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can request additional information and investigate further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
José Domingues [Xray]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 21, 2018

Hi Michael,

So, from our understanding you want to link a bug that you reported in a Test (Run) of a Test Execution, to all other Tests (Runs) of that Test Execution? 

This is not a very common operation (maybe you can detail your exact use case so we can better understand why you need it); there is no bulk operation for that. If you really need that, you need to go through each Test Run and add the existing Bug as a defect.

Best regards,

Xray Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events