XRay Cloud REST API authentication

Anuraag K B September 30, 2022

Following the XRay documentation https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/Global+Settings%3A+API+Keys, I understand the authentication is based on POST request made to https://xray.cloud.getxray.app/api/v1/authenticate with the API key. 

Considering we generated an API key (Client Id and secret) via Jira server J1, is there any REST endpoint which could verify if the API key indeed belongs to server J1?

1 answer

0 votes
Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

Hi @Anuraag K B 

the authenticate endpoint generates a tocken (out of the provided ClientID & secret). Those information belongs to a specified user in Jira.

I can´t follow your information/question regarding "J1". What exactly is "server J1" and what would you like to verify?

Best
Stefan

Anuraag K B October 3, 2022

Hi @Stefan Salzl 

Assuming the client id and secret has been generated from a jira cloud instance www.dev.atlassian.net.

Suppose I have these details with me, as a developer I want to validate if the client Id belongs to www.dev.atlassian.net. Would this be possible?

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

Please appologize but I´m still not getting it =S

What is the use case behind it? The ID & secret belong to a specific user within a specific jira instance (eg. dev.atlassian.net). The easiest way to check the authentication is to run a GET call against the API of the mentioned instance with the generated token.

Best
Stefan

Stefan Salzl
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2022

Hi @Anuraag K B ,

any feedback regarding this case?

Best
Stefan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events