XRAY test import removes comments

janos January 7, 2022

When I'm importing cucumber features using the XRAY API, all comments and empty lines in my cucumber text are being removed.

E.g. I have:

GIVEN something is not so obvious

# this next step is important!
WHEN I use a comment line

# but this does not happen
THEN I also want to import the comment line to XRAY

After importing, the cucumber content looks like so:

GIVEN something is not so obvious
WHEN I use a comment line
THEN I also want to import the comment line to XRAY

I believe that this is wrong, because when I export feature files from XRAY, they do contain comments. When importing the same files back to XRAY, I'd expect to have no change.

Is there anything I can do about it, or is this a known and accepted issue?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
janos June 7, 2022

Note that this issue has been fixed by now: https://jira.getxray.app/browse/XRAYCLOUD-4577.

Only comments at the end of a Scenario are still dropped, because they would be added to the following Scenario, if there was one. I.e. it would be ambiguous whether to add the comment to the above or the below Scenario, and the decision goes for the below Scenario.

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2022

Hi @janos 

Xray supports the cucumber comments, so it is best to investigate the cause to understand what's happening first.

Please get in touch with Xray Support (http://Xraysupport.getXray.app) to share your configuration so that the support team can investigate further.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

janos January 18, 2022

Hi @Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter , thanks for responding to this. Yes, by now I already got in touch with them through that channel, I just happened to find this forum first. The issue is still under investigation there.

Best, Janos

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2022

Hi @janos 

You are most welcome.

Yes, this forum is usually closer, and there are a lot of good answers here.

In this case, since it will require a deeper investigation, it is best to have a support engineer dedicated to it.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events