Why prevents a scripted field from being available in the 2 dimensional filter results gadget?

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

It's also not available for segmenting in DataPlane reports.

I have created a Scripted field (template Text Field (multi-line)) that reads the value of a separate single select field, then sets the value of the Script field to a text value.  Essentially this is to group like values from one field under a common value in another - e.g. if the single select has the value Accord or Camry, the Script field would be "Car" while if the single select had Explorer or Tahoe, the Script field would be set to "SUV."

After creating the field and reindexing, the script field is not available as an option in the standard Two Dimensional Filter Statistics gadget, or as an option for segmenting in DataPlane Issue Values reports.

I've set the Search Template to "Free Text Searcher" and "Exact Text Searcher" and after reindexing neither resolves the issue.

What am I missing?  

1 answer

3 votes
David Goldstein
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2018

Hi Brian,

For Dataplane, the "Free Text Searcher" setting in combination with a "Text Field (multi-line)" ScriptRunner field is what you want. Whenever you first add a new custom field, be sure to visit Dataplane Reports -> Administration and click on "Sync Index". This tells Dataplane to refresh its list of known custom fields.  Once you do that, you should see your ScriptRunner custom field available in all relevant Dataplane reports. 

For more details, see our documentation on Reporting on Calculated Values with ScriptRunner and Dataplane.

If you have any further problems, reach out to us at: http://www.arsenalesystems.com/support

- David @ Arsenale Support

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

Thank you very much David, I had checked that but when I saw the Indexer Status indicating it was up to date I assumed it wasn't necessary.

Running the Dataplane indexer now.  I would still like to be able to use the out of the box JIRA / Atlassian gadgets but should be able to create anything needed via Dataplane if I can't figure that part out.

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2018

That did it, Dataplane is now working with the new scripted field.  Many thanks.

Logan Clemons September 9, 2019

Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events