Why do ProForma automations not recognize Fast-Track transitions

Shelby June 1, 2022

I have a workflow that uses a Fast Track to enter a specific status(Waiting for Customer) when a ticket is created if a certain component is present on the ticket. The Fast Track works, and enters the status with no problem.

However, I also want a ProForma form to be added when tickets enter that status. For some reason, the form's automation (below) is triggered when I make that transition manually or with an automation rule on the Jira project, but not when the fast track makes it. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Currently, I have to use a transition from the status to itself that is run with an automation rule every minute, which is not ideal.image.png

1 answer

0 votes
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2022

Hi @Shelby -- have you tried updating your automation rules with the new Automation form components? That may solve this problem for you. Please let me know. Happy to jump back in here to help.

Shelby June 21, 2022

Hi @Peter Preston

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "new Automation form components". Is this just an update to ProForma, or an extra set of components that we need to add to our Jira instance to make ProForma automation work well with it?

If you're referring to a Jira Cloud feature, we are on Jira Server

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 21, 2022

My mistake, @Shelby 

I was talking Cloud. There's nothing else to add to your Jira instance. I'm afraid I can't help much with the Fast Track issue.

Shelby June 22, 2022

@Peter Preston Ah I see, sorry I should've been more clear! I see that you're on the Atlassian Team, does that mean there isn't anything to be done about this? I tried submitting a ticket with ThinkTilt but all their links get redirecting me back here.

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 22, 2022

Hi @Shelby -- I'm on the Atlassian team and am a former member of the ProForma team at ThinkTilt. ProForma was acquired last year. All ThinkTilt support links will bring you to Atlassian.

Have you submitted a support request? I work mostly with the Cloud products. The support team should be able to point you in the right direction.

If you raise a ticket, let me know and I can try to steer it.

Shelby June 22, 2022

Thanks for all your help, I've created a ticket here GHS-246110

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events