Trying to create an automation rule. This is a Next-gen project.
I need to add subtasks automatically to a story when they created in a specific EPIC.
I coded to check the (issue type = story) AND (epic name = <specific name>), but the audit log shows that the conditions didn't match. When I changed and looked for (issue type = story) AND (summary contains <keyword>) everything worked fine.
Tried doing different things for the EPIC but it just doesn't match. I tried contains, and a bunch of other tests, searching for the id of the EPIC
Any suggestions out there? Is this a bug?
Hi @Edmond Melkomian
While a bit late, you might go about this differently. Rather than trying to match the text of a specific Epic Name or Epic Summary, if you just want to match a specific epic, you could trigger off the JQL, which would be: parentEPIC = ticketnumber
@Cassius Rhue I opened a question with the Atlassian folks, but right now the workaround is to put a keyword, which is not ideal, because some other story in another EPIC if they add that keyword then this workaround doesn't work.
But I don't know why this doesn't work. Let's see what anyone out there has come up with a solution or this issue.
This month the spotlight is on AppLiger. We caught up with Pavel Pavlovsky, CEO and Product Manager, to learn how the company started and what fuels the team's creativity. Atlassian:...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events