Validator that the field is not filled in to move the task

Nurmukhamet March 27, 2023

how do I get a notification in the jira itself that a certain field is not filled in?, that is , he cannot transfer the task from one status to another until he fills in a specific field
2023-03-28 10.48.44.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Nurmukhamet  - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Automation rules cannot act as a Validator to keep an issue from moving. That has to be done with the Validator in the Workflow transition. If you are doing an automatic transition based on what just triggered the rule, that's a different matter. 

I would add a Branch for current issue, and then add the condition under it. Then under the Condition I would add a new action for Send Email. But I would change the Condition to say that the field is Empty. That way it will only send an email if the Condition is met, meaning the field is empty. 

Nurmukhamet March 27, 2023

@John Funk thanks for the quick response !

Could you tell me more, if done through workflow transition, how to output a notification that the field A is not filled in?
IMAGE 2023-03-28 12_50_05.jpg

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

It looks like you are using a Team-managed project. Can you verify? 

Nurmukhamet April 3, 2023

@John Funk  yes, I use team management

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 4, 2023

There are limitations with Team-managed workflows, that's why I asked. You would need to do the notification via an Automation rule like I described above with the Branch. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events