Vacation workflow with approval - no mail sent to supervisor

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2013

Hi,

I'm evaluating the tempo approval workflow to establish a vacation approval process. Everything seems to work fine except sending a mail to the selected "supervisor".

Labs (Experimental Features)

Plan Workflow - Allows plans to be submitted for a supervisor's review. Unless disabled, notification emails
are sent on any workflow actions
I checked the above checkbox. Than plan some time in the timesheet -> Jira can't find the templatefor the mail.
Please see the following log:
2013-03-11 13:50:32,555 Sending mailitem To='Eckhard.xxx@heidelberg.com' Subject='' From='null' FromName='Ulrich yyy(Prinect Issues)' Cc='null' Bcc='null' ReplyTo='Ulrich.yyy@heidelberg.com' InReplyTo='null' MimeType='text/plain' Encoding='UTF-8' Multipart='null' MessageId='null' ERROR ServiceRunner    Mail Queue Service [velocity] ResourceManager : unable to find resource 'templates/tempoplugin/email/text/planWorkflowAction.vm' in any resource loader.
2013-03-11 13:50:32,555 Sending mailitem To='Eckhard.xxx@heidelberg.com' Subject='' From='null' FromName='Ulrich yyy(Prinect Issues)' Cc='null' Bcc='null' ReplyTo='Ulrich.yyy@heidelberg.com' InReplyTo='null' MimeType='text/plain' Encoding='UTF-8' Multipart='null' MessageId='null' ERROR ServiceRunner    Mail Queue Service [com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager] ResourceNotFoundException occurred whilst loading resource
2013-03-11 13:50:32,555 QuartzWorker-0 ERROR ServiceRunner    Mail Queue Service [atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner] An error occured while trying to run service 'Mail Queue Service'. org.apache.velocity.exception.VelocityException: Could not find template 'templates/tempoplugin/email/text/planWorkflowAction.vm' ensure it is in the classpath.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.velocity.exception.VelocityException: Could not find template 'templates/tempoplugin/email/text/planWorkflowAction.vm' ensure it is in the classpath.
    at com.atlassian.jira.mail.RenderingMailQueueItem.send(RenderingMailQueueItem.java:85)
    at com.atlassian.mail.queue.MailQueueImpl.sendBuffer(MailQueueImpl.java:66)
    at com.atlassian.jira.service.services.mail.MailQueueService.run(MailQueueService.java:28)
    at com.atlassian.jira.service.JiraServiceContainerImpl.run(JiraServiceContainerImpl.java:61)
    at com.atlassian.jira.service.ServiceRunner.execute(ServiceRunner.java:47)
    at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:195)
    at com.atlassian.multitenant.quartz.MultiTenantThreadPool$MultiTenantRunnable.run(MultiTenantThreadPool.java:72)
    at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:520)
Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.VelocityException: Could not find template 'templates/tempoplugin/email/text/planWorkflowAction.vm' ensure it is in the classpath.
    at com.atlassian.velocity.DefaultVelocityManager.getEncodedBody(DefaultVelocityManager.java:76)
    at com.atlassian.jira.template.velocity.DefaultVelocityTemplatingEngine$DefaultRenderRequest.asPlainText(DefaultVelocityTemplatingEngine.java:84)
    at com.atlassian.jira.mail.RenderingMailQueueItem.renderEmailBody(RenderingMailQueueItem.java:102)
    at com.atlassian.jira.mail.RenderingMailQueueItem.send(RenderingMailQueueItem.java:78)
    ... 7 more

Can I do something on my site to create the missing items?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Kristin Hreinsdottir [Tempo] March 11, 2013

Hi Ulrich

unfortunately the text version of this email template seems to be missing from Tempo. We need to have that fixed ASAP. Thanks for pointing this out.

If you switch to html email this should work ok until fixed.

Kind regards

Kristín

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Hi Kristin

thank you for the tip with the html format. It works on my site.

Best regards

Uli

Ulrich Nack
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 11, 2013

Hi Kristin

is it possible for me to customize the approval template like requested in TMA-3239?

Best regards

Uli

Kristin Hreinsdottir [Tempo] March 11, 2013

No I'm sorry thats still not possible.

Regards

Kristín

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 11, 2013

This is fixed in Tempo 7.5.4 released yesterday

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Tempo+7.5.4+Release+Notes

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events