Unable to find pricing information about plugin "Automation fir JIRA"

Dariusz Maj January 24, 2023

Hi,

I've tried to find any way to buy a licence but cannot find how I can do that. I have JIRA Server ver. 8.22 and cannot upgrade (it doesn't depends on me).

I really want to buy the plugin :-D , but HOW? and which version?

Any help, please? :-)

1 answer

1 vote
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

HI @Dariusz Maj, welcome to the community!

Did you see the marketplace listing for Automation for Jira or the official product website, as it's part of Atlassian now? That will answer all your questions:

Is it available for Server and Data Center?

Automation for Jira is now part of Jira Software Data Center 9.0 and Jira Service Management Data Center 5.0. If you’re on one of these or later versions, you don’t need to download this app, as the functionality is already included in Jira. You can find it in Project settings > Automation.

If you’re on any earlier Data Center version, you can download and use this app for free.

If you’re a Server customer and have an existing license for Automation for Jira, you can renew your license until Feb 15, 2024.

I hope that helps already. :)

Best, Max

Hi Max,

thanks for your answer. The problem is we have JIRA Server ver.8.22 and won't be upgraded (at least for now). We don't have Data Center.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

So navigate to the version history on the marketplace and download one of the older versions that supports Server. Looks like 7.4.2 could be a good fit. And then upload it to your Jira and see what happens. :) 

I did it and thats why I'm here ;-)

We don't have a licence to make the plugin working (trial verion already gone)

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2023

I had a quick read-through of this page

It doesn't list Automation for Jira explicitly, but I highlighted one important sentence:

Feb 2, 2021 - End of sale for apps now included in Data Center

As part of the end of Server sale and support, we’ve included several Atlassian-built apps and new functionality with a Data Center subscription:

• Jira Software Data Center: Now includes Advanced Roadmaps (formerly Portfolio for Jira)
  • Confluence Data Center: Now includes Team Calendars for Confluence and Analytics for Confluence
  • Jira Service Management Data Center: Now includes Insight - Asset Management and Insight Discovery

What this means for customers with Server licenses:

• If you don't yet use the app: As of February 2, 2021 PT, you can no longer purchase or request a quote for any of these apps. These apps (or the equivalent native functionality) will only be available by moving to Cloud or Data Center.

• If you have an existing license for one of these apps: You can continue to renew support and maintenance for these apps until the end of support date.

So maybe try your luck by asking Atlassian directly or reaching out to a Atlassian Solution Partner and see if it's not possible at all to get any license. :)

Best, Max

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events