Unable to do a JIRA Update Check since I installed UPM 2.8.2

Jean-Francois Drapeau February 25, 2013

Since I installed UPM 2.8.2 I can't do a JIRA Update Check.

I'm getting error An error occurred while connecting to the Atlassian Marketplace. For more information about this problem, please refer to the UPM documentation.

I have no problem connecting to the Marketplace cause I can update othe plugin as well as install new ones.

So I guess this is a BUG in 2.8.2

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jean-Francois Drapeau February 27, 2013

All of a sudden, the problem is fix and we didn't do anything on our side. I guess something has changed on the marketplace side

0 votes
pschaff01
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2013

Hi Jeff and Roger,

This was confirmed as a bug of the UPM plugin and it has already been reported on our ecosystem. You can follow this bug report on the following link:

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/UPM-3339

In the meanwhile, to fix this issue you can try the following:

Download the latest UPM and install it via file upload. Restart JIRA and check if the problem persists.

I really hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pietro T. Schaff

0 votes
Roger Oberg February 25, 2013

I am having the same issues on both our jira server AND confluence server running upm 2.8.2.

In both jira and confluence you can browse plugin, add new plugins and even get notifications for plugin to be updated. However neither in jira (5.2.6) or in confluence(4.3.7) I can do a update check to jira 5.2.7 and confluence 5 both giving the same error message "An error occurred while connecting....."

And I can t find any logs either about the issue...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events