Trailing Xray with Jira as a separate Xray Test Project but can't see the new Testing buttons

Cindy Gregory December 22, 2021

We have Server iJira and have signed up for the trial. We have chosen the Xray Test Project as opposed to adding to an existing project to get a better idea of it.

The new Test types are there and I can create the new test types but I can't open a Story card and create tests on it. There's no reference to the new Testing furniture on any of the Story/bug cards, even if i create new ones. The Story type is configured to use the issue type screen scheme - Xray Screen scheme.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Cindy Gregory September 1, 2022

I hadn't In the Project settings selected - Actions - Enable Xray requirement Coverage

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 3, 2022

Hi @Cindy Gregory 

Have you performed this Quick Setup (https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/Quick+Setup)?

When starting to use Xray, it is necessary to perform this quick setup if you want to use Requirement Coverage and have the Xray options in requirement issues (Stories, Epics, etc.).

Any additional questions, please get in touch with Xray Support (http://Xraysupport.getXray.app); we would gladly assist you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
Noopur Varshney _AIO Tests_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 23, 2021

Hi @Cindy Gregory 

If you are trying test management apps, do checkout AIO Tests.

It is one of the most intuitive apps on marketplace with absolute zero setup time. So you need not worry about issue types or any other type of configuration to get started.

You can simply plug it into any Jira project and start enjoying the benefits of a complete test management system.

Take a look at our extensive documentation and release notes for features updates. Contact us in case of any questions via our support portal or book a demo at your convenience.

~Noopur

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events