Test Execution status is reset when a test case step is updated

Srinivasan Anantharaman July 15, 2022

Changing the test case steps for an already executed test execution resets the execution results to TODO. How to avoid this? Our requirement has hundreds of test cases already executed via test executions and when some amendments to est cases are made due to some enhancements, already executed results get overwritten when a "merge" or "reset" is clicked on a test execution. Any means to overcome it?

Scenario:

Test Cases (T1, T2, T3, T4, T5) are created and executed in Test Execution (TE1, TE2) with status PASS for all tests

Test Cases (T1, T2, T3) are updated with additional steps / validations

For the already executed Test Execution (TE1, TE2) an alert to "Merge" or "Reset" is asked for. A merge or reset updates the test cases  but the execution status also is reset to "TO DO"

2 answers

0 votes
Frederic Niederberger
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 13, 2023

Hello, we have the same problem, i think this need to be fixed. Do you have a solution ? Thank you

0 votes
Paul Meeker
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 13, 2022

Has anyone heard anything about this?  I run into this issue on a regular basis.  It requires me to save my test evidence elsewhere, just in case xray loses it due to this update/merge issue.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events